University of Mount Union
Student Financial Aid Representative
Staff – Full Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Representative is responsible for assisting the with all aspects of the University’s financial aid program including the awarding of all federal, state, institutional and private grant/gift, scholarship, loan and work programs.
The Financial Aid Representative is responsible to assist the Director in establishing, building, and managing both new and mature relationships between the University, students and the parents of students. The Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Aid is energetic, creative, forward-thinking; he or she demonstrates strength in communication and follow through. The Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Aid must be detail-oriented. He or she demonstrates excellent judgment and understands that effectively representing the University is a constant priority.
Working in a highly confidential environment, the Financial Aid Representative maintains high standards of personal integrity, honesty and character. He or she is dedicated to advancing the University in a resource efficient manner and places significant priority on maintain compliance and managing all aspects of the University’s financial aid program.
The Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Aid must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills; experience in working with individuals of all backgrounds. In addition, we prefer the Financial Aid Representative for Student Financial Aid must have demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities.
This position is expected to exercise judgment, resolve discrepancies, and make decisions appropriate decisions necessary, consulting with the Director of Student Financial Aid on a regular basis.
• Actively contributes to the financial aid team on a daily basis.
• Assists with all aspects of the University’s financial aid program including the awarding of all federal, state, institutional and private grant/gift, scholarship, loan and work programs.
• Assists with applying institutional aid award packaging policy to meet the University’s strategic enrollment initiatives.
• Responsible to uphold compliance regulations in regard to federal, state, institutional, and NCAA regulations related to financial aid.
• Ensures compliance with affiliated professional and external organization standards such as the NCAA Division III and the Code of Ethics of NASFAA.
• Provides student-focused counseling to the University’s audience, which includes current students, former students, prospective students, parents, and members of the Mount Union community.
• Coordinates the student employment program, including building relationships with on campus and community supervisors.
• Performs reconciliation of State Funds for the University.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Student Employment Program.
• Develops and delivers financial aid presentations to small and large groups.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in online courses, professional organizations, and seminars, as well as maintaining professional contacts in the community.
• Attend University Compliance training as mandated by the University, your Vice President or the director of your department.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Financial Aid.
A Bachelor’s degree and experience in a related environment required. Experience in higher education is preferred – particularly small, private undergraduate education. The candidate must have excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, experience with collaborating with other offices, demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities, and interest and willingness to be part of the enrollment services team.
This position is required to complete assigned University compliance training as communicated by the University.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. When requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The University of Mount Union is an equal opportunity employer. The University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, marital or parental status, pregnancy, disability, or genetic information in student admissions, financial aid, educational or athletic programs, or employment as now or may hereafter be required by university policy and federal or state law.
Since 2005, nearly $110 million has been invested in the construction and renovation of modern facilities including a recreation center, apartment-style housing options, health, and medical sciences facility, and performing arts center. Primarily residential in nature, Mount Union’s picturesque 123-acre campus is located in Alliance, OH (population 23,000), within 80 miles of both Cleveland and Pittsburgh. The 162-acre Huston-Brumbaugh Nature Center is located six miles away. The University’s endowment is in excess of $141 million.
The University strives to make its exceptional educational experience accessible to students of all financial backgrounds. Its increasingly diverse campus community benefits from a student-centered approach and array of activities for cultural, civic, and social development. Students experience outstanding opportunities for success after graduation, both in the workforce and in graduate study.
For more information, visit www.mountunion.edu
To Apply, visit: